Current Concepts Institute Policies; Additional Terms and Conditions.
- Personal Login Information. Certain features and areas of this Website are available only with registration, login and/or a paid subscription. If you are required to register and select a unique login and password (“Personal Login Information”), you must keep your Personal Login Information confidential. Your Personal Login Information is personal to you and you may not allow any third party to use it under any circumstances. CCI is not liable for any harm caused by or related to the theft, misappropriation, disclosure, or unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information. You must contact CCI immediately if you become aware of or believe there is or may have been any unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information, or otherwise wish to deactivate your Personal Login Information due to security concerns.
- User Obligations. You warrant that you will abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations with respect to your use of this Website and not interfere with the use and enjoyment of this Website by other users or with CCI’s operation and management of this Website. You will, at all times, provide true, accurate, current, authorized, and complete information when submitting information or materials on this Website, including, without limitation, information required to be provided through a registration form. If any false, inaccurate, untrue, unauthorized or incomplete information is submitted by you, CCI reserves the right to terminate your access and use of this Website. You warrant that you will not impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, when using this Website, or defame or otherwise harm any party, including CCI, through your use of this Website.
- Proprietary Rights. The content of this Website includes, without limitation, (i) Current Concepts Institute’s trademarks, service marks, logos, brands, and brand names, trade dress and trade names and other distinctive identification (collectively “Current Concepts Institute Marks”); and (ii) information, data, materials, interfaces, computer code, databases, products, services, software applications and tools, text, images, photographs, audio and video material, and artwork, and (iii) the design, structure, selection, compilation, assembly, coordination, expression, functionalities, applications, look and feel, and arrangement of any content contained in or available through this Website (the items identified in subsections (i) (ii) and (iii) shall be collectively referred to herein as “Current Concepts Institute Content”). Current Concepts Institute Content is the property of Current Concepts Institute and is protected by law including, but not limited to, United States copyright, trade secret, patent, and trademark law, as well as other state, national and international laws, treaties and regulations. The reproduction, transmission, distribution, sale, publication, broadcast, circulation or dissemination of any Current Concepts Institute Content by you, or by you through any other person or entity, is prohibited unless express written consent is separately obtained from Current Concepts Institute or the owner of such content if CCI is not the owner. Any use of Current Concepts Institute Marks without CCI’s express written consent is strictly prohibited. You may not alter, delete, obscure or conceal any copyright or other notices appearing in the Current Concepts Institute Content, including any such notices appearing on any Current Concepts Institute Content you are permitted to download, transmit, display, print, or reproduce from this Website.
- Responsibility for Use of the Internet and this Website. Use of the Internet and this Website is solely at your risk and is subject to all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations. CCI does not guarantee the confidentiality or security of any communication or other material transmitted to or from this Website over the Internet or other communication network. CCI shall not be obligated to correct or update this Website or the Current Concepts Institute Content and CCI shall not be liable for omissions, typographical errors, or out-of-date information which may appear on this Website.
- Medical Disclaimer. The Current Concepts Institute Content is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice, or as a substitute for the medical advice of a physician.
- Third Party Information. This Website may feature materials, information, products, and services provided by third parties. Any such information, including but not limited to articles, press clippings, opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information made available by third parties such as content providers and other users of this Website are those of the respective third party and not of CCI or its affiliates. CCI makes no representation with respect to, nor does it guarantee or endorse, the quality, non-infringement, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of such third party materials, information, services or products.
- Advertisers. This Website may contain advertisements of third parties. The inclusion of advertisements on this Website does not imply endorsement of the advertised products or services by CCI. CCI shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the presence of such advertisements on this Website. Further, CCI shall not be responsible or liable for the statements or conduct of any third party advertisers appearing on this Website. You shall be solely responsible for any correspondence or transactions you have with any third party advertisers.
- Links to Third Party Websites. This Website may provide links (including any link through an on-line banner advertisement) to other sites on the Internet for your convenience. These other websites are maintained by third parties over which CCI exercises no control. The appearance of any such third party link is not intended to endorse any particular company or product. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- Links to this Website and the Current Concepts Institute Content. Links posted by third parties to this Website and/or any Current Concepts Institute Content may not use the Current Concepts Institute trademark or logo and shall not suggest that CCI promotes or otherwise endorses any third party products, business relationships, services, causes, campaigns, websites, content, or information. Any links to any portion of this Website shall be the responsibility of the linking party. CCI reserves the right to require any linking party to disable or remove any link that violates Current Concepts Institute’s rights or causes interruption or deterioration of the Current Concepts Institute Content.
- Warranties Disclaimed. THIS WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” NEITHER CURRENT CONCEPTS INSTITUTE, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, OR TRUSTEES NOR ANY OF ITS AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS, OR LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY “CURRENT CONCEPTS INSTITUTE PARTIES”) PROVIDE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT (i) THIS WEBSITE OR ITS CONTENT, OR ANY RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED BY YOU, ARE COMPLETE, ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR NON-INFRINGING; (ii) ACCESS TO THIS WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; (iii) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THIS WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; OR (iv) THE CONTENT WILL REMAIN UNCHANGED OR ACCESSIBLE ON THIS WEBSITE. ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
- Limitation of Liability. THE CURRENT CONCEPTS INSTITUTE PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE, AND DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY, FOR ANY CLAIM, LOSS OR DAMAGE, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER IN CONNECTION WITH, AS A RESULT OF, OR ARISING (i) OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE AND/OR ANY CONTENT; (ii) FROM ANY INTERRUPTION IN THE AVAILABILITY OF THIS WEBSITE AND/OR CONTENT; (iii) FROM ANY LOSS OF DATA AND/OR FROM ANY EQUIPMENT FAILURE; (iv) OUT OF THE PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE GOODS, CONTENT AND/OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED FROM THIS WEBSITE, OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO, THROUGH OR FROM THIS WEBSITE; (v) FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (vi) FROM STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THIS WEBSITE; (vii) FROM ANY DELAY OR FAILURE OF THIS WEBSITE ARISING OUT OF CAUSES BEYOND CURRENT CONCEPTS INSTITUTE’S CONTROL; (viii) OUT OF THE USE OF, REFERENCE TO, OR RELIANCE ON, THE CONTENT; (ix) OUT OF ANY THIRD PARTY MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES CONTAINED ON, OR ACCESSED THROUGH, THIS WEBSITE (x) OUT OF ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, ACCURACY OF INFORMATION, AND/OR QUALITY OF THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR MATERIALS PROVIDED BY OR ADVERTISED ON THIRD PARTY WEBSITES; OR (xi) OUT OF ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THIS WEBSITE OR CONTENT.
- Exclusions permitted by law. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF IMPLIED TERMS, OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, ONLY THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS WHICH ARE LAWFUL IN YOUR JURISDICTION WILL APPLY TO YOU AND CURRENT CONCEPTS INSTITUTE’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Neither party consents or agrees to any arbitration on a class or representative basis, and the arbitrator shall have no authority to proceed with an arbitration on a class or representative basis. No arbitration will be consolidated with any other arbitration proceeding without the consent of all parties. Any claim or controversy as to the enforceability of this arbitration provision’s restriction on your right to participate in or pursue a class action or classwide arbitration shall be brought only in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio or any State of Ohio court located in Cuyahoga County, Ohio.
- Statute of Limitations. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to your use of this Website must be filed by you within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
Current Concepts Institute (hereinafter “CCI”) is committed to protecting any personal information that you may provide to us. In particular, we believe it is important for you to know how we treat information about you that we may receive from this Website. This Privacy Poliy describes the types of information CCI collects from visitors to this Website, what we do with this information and how visitors can update and control the use of information they provide on the Website.
In general, you can visit this Website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. When you visit our Website, our web servers collect the name of the domain you used to access the Internet, which pages on our Website you visited and when they were visited, your Internet browser type and platform, the link that brought you to our Website and any links clicked within our Website, mostly in the form of cookies. This information may be used by us, our service providers, affiliates and business partners to measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views and other statistics about visitors to our Website. We also use this data to monitor Website performance and make the Website easier and more convenient to use. Although you may set a Do Not Track signal to be sent from your web browser when you visit our Website, we are not currently able to honor your request automatically. You would need to manually opt out of Performance and Marketing cookies (described below) to have the same effect.
Strictly Necessary Cookies (Always Active)
These cookies are necessary for this Website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
Performance cookies allow the server to determine when your computer visits the Website again in order to track statistical information about navigation to and throughout certain areas of our Website (i.e., Google Analytics). This cookie is not used to obtain your name or any personal data, and the information that is tracked is used only for internal purposes, to improve Website navigation and measure the effectiveness of our Website, and is not shared with anyone other than contractors who assist CCI in these efforts and who are bound to confidentiality. If you prefer not to accept cookies, you can set your browser to reject them or to alert you before one is placed. However, if you opt out and do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our Website, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display advertisements that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers. After you visit our Website, you may continue to see advertisements from us for a period of time to remind you of your interest. These cookies will not contain any information that personally identifies you (such as your name or e-mail address) but they will contain a randomly generated number that is unique to your browser and can be recognized by a “Web beacon” (transparent GIF file) on our Website if you click through to our Website from one of our ads. This allows us to keep track of how many unique visitors we have to our Website and from what ads they entered, so that we can measure the effectiveness of our ads and ad placements. The privacy policies of the websites on which we advertise, and through which the cookies are installed, should inform you about the cookie, and you may, of course, set your browser to reject cookies. However, if you opt out and do not allow these cookies, we will not be able to serve reminders to your browser. In addition, there are portions of this Website where we may need to collect personally identifiable information about you if you choose to register and/or purchase products from us. This personally identifiable information may include your address, phone number, credit card information and other information. The type of product or service that you seek will determine the personal information that is collected.
USE OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
CCI does not sell, transfer or disclose personal information to third parties. Once collected, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
Register you for programs and services you have requested
Process, fulfill and follow-up on your orders
Answer your emails or on-line requests
Send information you request
Deliver newsletters, meeting and event updates
Notify you about new products/services, special offers and other information that may be relevant to your use of our Website
CCI reserves the right to use or disclose any information as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request, to protect the integrity of the Website, to fulfill your requests, or to cooperate in any law enforcement investigation or an investigation on a matter of public safety.
Further, CCI will retain information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so, for example, to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
OUR SECURITY PROCEDURES
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
MEDICAL MISINFORMATION POLICY
Current Concepts Institute (CCI) does not allow content that spreads medical misinformation that contradicts local, state, or federal health authorities of the United States of America (USA) or the World Health Organization (WHO).
We may allow content that violates this misinformation policy if that content includes the context that gives equal or greater weight to countervailing views from local health authorities or to medical or scientific consensus. We may also make exceptions if the purpose of the content is to condemn or dispute misinformation that violates our policies.
The below summarizes the clinical content requirements for the educational materials presented on this website.
- Recommendations for patient care are based on current science, evidence, and clinical reasoning while giving a fair and balanced view of diagnostic and therapeutic options.
- All scientific research referred to, reported, or used here is in support or justification of a patient care recommendation, conforms to the generally accepted standards of experimental design, data collection, analysis, and interpretation.
- New and evolving topics for which there is a lower (or absent) evidence base are clearly identified as such within the education and individual presentations.
- The educational activity avoids advocating for or promoting, practices that are not, or not yet, adequately based on current science, evidence, and clinical reasoning.
- The activity excludes any advocacy for, or promotion of, unscientific approaches to diagnosis or therapy, or recommendations, treatment, or manners of practicing healthcare that is determined to have risks or dangers that outweigh the benefits or are known to be ineffective in the treatment of patients.
CCI’s policies are subject to change in response to changes to global or local health authorities’ guidelines.
Last reviewed: June 10, 2021
Current Concepts Institute 2021